What development and productivity tools I use in 2019
I’ve noticed that as tools get better, I actually need less of them. For example I no longer use Resharper as Visual Studio is enough or I no longer need WinMerge as Visual Studio Code can do same.
I’ve also replaced many tools by customized Dynalist or Google Spreadsheets.
I tend to write my own CLI applications for automation, but those are not listed as they are private.
- Dynalist - My whole life revolves around my Dynalist
- All task, todos, ideas
- All meeting notes and everything I need to keep
- GSuite - For email, documents, drive and calendar
- Slack - For team communication
- Bitwarden - My go to password manager
- Visual Studio Code - For anything that is not .Net project
- Visual Studio - For any .Net development
- LinqPad - Very useful tool for quick code snippet running, testing and single use scripts. I actually almost never use it’s database capabilities.
- Postman - REST services testing
- Github - Since private repositories are free now, I moved all my code to GitHub
- Debuggex - Incredible way to develop and test your regular expressions
- Spotify - I listen to music most of my development time. I helps me concentrate.
What was overtaken by Windows 10 functions
- Clipboard history
- Night light